Procedures for COVID-19
PS 7 ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL PROCEDURES 2020-2021
The Isolation Room
- PS 7 will have an Isolation Room with a staff member assigned to monitor the room when in use.
- PPE will be provided to anyone assigned to the Isolation Room.
- Physical distancing and face-covering guidelines will be followed.
- Any student exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms during morning entry or during the school day will be evaluated onsite by a nurse or health professional.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include a fever of 100.00 or higher, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea. If a student exhibit COVID-19 like symptoms, the parent/guardian will be called.
- An Emergency Officer will meet the parent/guardian at the visitors’ entrance where the child will be escorted to be released to the parent/guardian.T
- The school will advise the parent/guardian to have the student seen by a doctor and get tested for COVID-19.
- If there is more than one case in a school, and it is not in the same classroom, learning will continue remotely and the school building will close for at least 24 hours while NYC Test +
Trace and NYC Health investigate.
- Depending on the outcome of the investigation, affected classrooms or the whole building will remain closed for 14 days for quarantine.
- If a student or teacher is feeling sick, they are required to stay home and, if their symptoms are consistent with COVID-19, are
asked to get tested.
- • Always remember to:
• Keep a safe physical distance from others.
• Wear your face mask.
• Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often.
Temperature/ Health Screening
Temperature/ Health screening protocols are as follows:
- Daily health screenings, including temperature checks, must be completed at home by families and by school-based staff.
- Students and staff, upon entry into the school building, will undergo a random temperature screening.
• All visitors will undergo temperature/health screening upon entry.